Thursday, March 15, 2007

THE FEAR MERCHANTS-MENTAL, TAPE, 1982, UK

Though I'm sure there was some obscure rationale for attaching the moniker The Fear Merchants to this particular Homosexuals-related session by Whelton and Co., I'll be damned if I can tell why, as much of this utterly astounding material is in close enough aesthetic proximity to the Amos & Sara recordings as to render them indistinguishable. What that means in practice is that this counts amongst the most immediately engaging of Whelton's doings. Some super memorable little pop gems are tucked away in the recesses of this crazy quilt, though it's a quilt upon which Nancy Sesay and John Gavanti are dancing a waltz.

Sorry...no cover scan or song titles are available for this item.

***************NEW LINK POSTED OCTOBER 2012***************

Get it here  

2 comments:

Brennan Cavanaugh said...

Hello and thanks for making this available, a fantastic post Homosexuals recording, I'm digging this more than my age old copy of L.Voag's The Way Out. I've discovered that the tape was released on It's War Boys in 1982. According to the Brainwashed site, the personel is Lepke Buchwater and L. Voag/Xentos Fray Bentos, but again, as there is little info available and offered. Thanks. Brennan

vdoandsound said...

Brennan-mucho thanks for the info! I've altered the date in the post title accordingly.