Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Big Butter-From the Udder,CD,1990,USA






Big Butter hailed from Clovis, California. The heart of Big Butter were brothers from Clovis, Mike and Timothy Biskup. Frequently, Tim also played as a drummer with Capitol Punishment, another band from Fresno.
Big Butter's music is innovative and ranges from silly to absurd to aggressive and back again without any pretention. Their sound is Resident-esque meets early Devo-ish wierdness in the acid garden ,jamming with Renaldo and the Loaf ,accompanied by a nursery chorus!
Their tape release " Brainsled" coming soon.
Thanks Mr. Gil for this!
Anyone who can provide their "Step In And Do A Certain Something" LP?

***************NEW LINK POSTED SEPTEMBER 2012***************

Get it here  

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have a 7 zip question maybe some can help me with. On more than one occasion, after the green bar fills up, the percentage continues well past 100%. I usually stop it around 4000%. Does anyone else have this problem?

Anonymous said...

I got an error when I tried unzipping this one actually. It says it is not supported archive.

Anonymous said...

I also got the error warning... anyway: always great stuff here!!!

Mike Biskup said...

Mike Biskup here.

We've still got a few of our handmade albums if you're looking. And you can find a sampling of some new music on my site - www.mikebiskup.com

Tim Biskup? he's around too.

:)

Post-Materialists said...

thanx for this! and what about "Brainsled" tape???

Mike Biskup said...

Brainsled? I've been meaning to dig that cassette only release out of a box somewhere and transfer it to CD for a long time. The Master Reel to Reel got destroyed. It was so much fun to do! lots of neat music...

Unknown said...

I have the 'Step In And Do A Certain Something' record but I have no way of putting it on the computer. i could send you an old fashioned CD-R?

Mike Biskup said...

Sorry hamo - I don't have a turntable either!

mike

Post-Materialists said...

hamo! can u send me CDr with "step in"? contact me here: postmat@mail.ru